Prepare for Project Natal




Some of you may not know what Project Natal is, well, it is a very interesting sounding new way of gaming. It takes the Wii’s motion tracking and applies it on a much grander scale and even removes the Wii-Mote which was prone to flying out of hands and either breaking faces or windows and replaces it with… You. That’s right, there is no controller in Project Natal apart from your appendages. Arms, legs, fingers, toes, head. If its part of your body it can be used in conjunction with PN.

I have only seen videos about it on Inside Xbox but what I have seen looks like it could totally revolutionise gaming. It really does look that good. The control responsiveness seems quick in the videos and even the graphics look pretty awesome which isn’t something I expected, I thought that the processing power required to run all the mapping would have a severe detrimental effect on the graphics, gladly I was wrong.

I don’t know too much on Natal but I think it’s the way forward for console gaming. The only question is; what will we throw at walls when we get angry now that we have no controller?

1 comment:

  1. This could save people (me included) a fortune!
    Busted remotes, busted tables, doors etc for precisely the reasons stated. Not so much a remote as an unguided missile.
    Clever piece well written as usual.

    ReplyDelete